Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinFollow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoo Eye Shadow Bold Gold: A Review


Hello ladies, how’s the week coming for you. Today, I will review my latest buy from Maybelline Color Tattoo range. Yes, Bold Gold. You must be very well aware of what the Maybelline Color Tattoo range is all about. I have already reviewed Bad to bronze, PomegranatePunk and Fierce and Tangy on my blog. if you haven't read it, you can read them now.

I am crazy about Color tattoos and want the brand to introduce few more shades. I am also waiting to get my hands on the Audacious Asphalt shade. The shade Bold Gold is a subtle yet fancy shade, which can be used for daily makeup as well as for parties.

Price:- Rs.350 for 4 gm

Product Claims:

  • Dare to wear 24HR shadow.
  • Cream formula glides on without creasing and keeps color vibrant
  • Ink technology creates 24HR wear shadow for our most intense, long-lasting color saturation
  • Ophthalmologist-tested
  • Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers

How to Use:-

  • Illuminate with fingertips, sweep all over eye from inner corner and work outwards.  For added drama, darken as desired.
  • Must be used before 30 months from the date of manufacturing

Packaging:-

The Tiny Glass pots with black plastic lids are just so cute; I am in love with the packaging. It is bit heavy enough but is travel friendly. However, you have to be careful with the handling part as they might break on falling from height. Also the transparent glass pot makes it easy to identify the shades unlike the Maybelline Gel Liners which come in frosted Glass Pots.

My experience of using Maybelline Color Tattoo Eye shadow in Bold Gold:-

The shade Bold Gold is looks like a shimmery golden color in the pot and on application gives a rich gold look. It is a perfect shade for festive and bridal makeup. Considering the fact that brides in India mostly associate with red and gold, the Maybelline Color Tattoo Eye Shadow Bold Gold would be an ideal choice for your big day. 

The single application of this shade gives a subtle golden shimmery coverage, whereas multiple applications result in to rich gold shade. Though it might not look as much similar to the shade that appears in the pot, you will be pretty satisfied with its outcome.

Gold shades are must for me for any occasion and hence I wanted to have this shade.  The smooth mousse like texture of Color Tattoo makes it easy to apply and blend. The slight shimmers as seen in the pot doesn’t look prominent when applied. It just appears as a rich shine on your eyelids. 
You get this brush complimentary 
 I am every much content and happy with the shade color as it is gives a beautiful look. Apply it alone over the lids or blend it with other shades it gives a rich look to eyes. I use this shade both as daily wear and for wedding functions. For daily use, I just smear it over my lids and line my eyes with jet black eyeshadow and it done. The shade makes your eyes pop out attractively.

As you all know the staying power of Maybelline Color Tattoos is awesome. It dries quickly on your eyelids and stays for good 6-8 hours without creasing. It has worked on my oily eyelids without any primer for almost whole day.

Swatches:-


shade Swiped 3 times

EOTD:-


Yays of Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bold Gold:-

  • Soft creamy texture
  • Gorgeous Shade
  • Ideal shade for daily wear and party wear
  • Easy to apply with both brush and fingertips
  • Blends easy without leaving patches
  • Stays as put for the whole day without creasing
  • Comes off easily with Makeup remover
  • Cheap for the quality and amount of product you get.

Nays of Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bold Gold:-

I don’t find any cons with this product. But I think Maybelline must introduce more shades in this range. 

Would I buy Maybelline Color Tattoo Bold Gold again?

Obviously, I would but definitely not this shade as this pot will take forever to finish. I will very well try me hands on some new shades from this range. 

For all those who are looking forward to use this shade, I will say this is a must-have and highly recommended one. 

Rating 4.9/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Going through the post. I Hope this was helpful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...